Your application will include the following:
- Online graduate application.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores (institution code: 1832).
- Candidate Statement (1-3 pages).
- Three letters of recommendation.
- $90 non-refundable application fee. Click here for information about fee waivers.
- International applicants to the University of Chicago must meet the English language requirements outlined by the Division of the Social Sciences. To see how this applies to you, please follow this link.
- A single-authored writing sample, that speaks to the applicant’s ability in the discipline they designate for graduate research. A total of 20 to 30 pages is ideal. 7 pages is the minimum. More than one document may be uploaded, if the applicant has two or three shorter papers that best show their ability.
- All supporting material – including letters of recommendation, transcripts, supplemental material, and writing samples – must be submitted electronically with your online application.