Practicing the Art of Connection: A MAC PRIME Extravaganza.
Our conference will be held at UChicago on Friday, May 12. We invite you to participate in all aspects of this day, for which you are available. Students will be able to participate in a mock interview with an alumnus, attend two career panels, have a professional headshot taken, and engage and exchange business cards with panelists and other notable alumni during our networking and pitch night.
MOCK INTERVIEWS (9:00am - 4:30pm Optional)
Throughout the day students may sign up for one interview (in-person, by phone or Skype) with alumni who have gratiously agreed to donate 1-4 hours of their time to get MAPSS students ready to hit the job market. Students may sign up for ONE interview session with an alumnus that will last :30 minutes. This includes a :15 minute interview followed by a :15 minute critique. Learn more about our interviewers here.
TWO ALUMNI PANELS (5:00pm - 6:30pm)
These panels are integral to the learning experiences this day has to offer. Students will convene to hear alumni from various industries speak on how to approach careers and transitions, market the MAPSS degree, and network. Additionally, there will be time to answer your specific career questions.
Research Panel #1
- FACILITATOR - Nick Walker | Custom Research Analyst | Mintel
- Joanna Wicher | Senior Manager | AbbVie
- William Hurst | Associate Professor of Political Science | Northwestern University
- Sangdi Chen | Research Manager | MetrixLab
- Brittany Rotello | Data Analytics & CRM Strategy | Access 2 Insight
- Ilana Ventura | GIS and Survey Researcher | NORC
- Mark Lush | Research Methodologist | NORC
Non-Research Panel #2
- FACILITATOR - Matt Spurgeon | Director | International Education and Consulting Management | Joint Commission International
- Joe McElroy | Public Policy Communications Consultant | McElroy Associates
- Michelle Oliva | Co-Founder & Director | EduDream
- Lisa Shutt | Director of Undergraduate Programs | Woodson Institute for African American and African Studies; Anthropology Consulting
- Jennifer Siegel | Architect and Entrepreneur/Founder | JPS Designs LLC
- Shalini Sharma | Assistant General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer | Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc.
ALUMNI NETWORKING & RECEPTION (6:30pm-8:30pm)
After the panels we will hold a Business Card Exchange/Networking/Practice your Pitch Night at Ida Noyes Hall. Please join our panelists and additional alumni to mingle, eat, drink, and talk career.
PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOTS (6:30pm - 8:00pm)
Need a new LinkedIn photo? Additionally, we will also hire a photographer who will take your professional headshot.